At Prested Hall Hotel, we love great beds, crisp white Egyptian cotton sheets, comfy pillows, fresh flowers, real coffee and lovely views. We hope you do too. Check in, relax and let us look after you.
Whether you are looking for hotels in Essex for a break, a celebration or a conference, you will find modern comfort and quality, elegant period features, views over Essex countryside and good old fashioned service. We have wonderful staff who are proud of Prested and will go that extra mile for you. We pride ourselves on being just that little bit different making us one of the finest hotels in Colchester!
- Wi-Fi is freely available subject to occasional interruptions caused by our great distance from the nearest phone exchange.
- We have an adult members Health Club adjacent to The Hall. Adult guests are welcome to use our 20 metre indoor pool, sauna, steam room and lawn, real and padel tennis courts, and (subject to a fitness assessment) our PulseFitness gym.
- View our club timetable for opening times, the weekend Family Swim sessions for accompanied children , or view our facilities here.
- We sell swimwear and loan swim towels to hotel guests at the Club reception. Please do not use your hotel towels.
- It may be possible to arrange an introduction to the fascinating Tudor game of Real Tennis during your stay. View our Real Tennis department.
- If you’d like to combine a stay with some pampering at our Elemis spa or a sports massage or other remedial treatment, click on treatments. Hotel residents enjoy a 10% discount off all treatments during their stay.
Don’t take our word for it:
“Just returned from a lovely night at Prested Hall. We attended a wedding reception nearby and booked a room to save driving home. We arrived at 2pm and received a friendly welcome and were shown to our room. It overlooked the beautiful lake and grounds. The room was cosy with a very comfortable bed and everything you could require. The bathroom was very generous with a period fireplace.
For lunch we ate in the health club situated next to the hotel. Really lovely food and reasonably priced. We then enjoyed a relaxing afternoon in the pool & steam room before having a massage. Recommend booking treatments,as we did, in advance as they were fully booked on the day. All staff very friendly and helpful. The massages were very good too.
Breakfast was very good, great selection of cereals & fruits which is self service. Followed by various hot options cooked to order. We both had the full English which was very good quality. The breakfast is served in the main building overlooking the lake.
This really is a lovely intimate hotel with great period features and well worth a visit – we will return soon. Thank you & well done!”
5* Review left on Tripadvisor, August 2018
“Had a wonderful stay at Prested Hall Hotel !!! A very warm welcome on arrival from Jamie (all staff are very friendly and helpful). The room was just gorgeous, from the furnishings, massive television, fantastic bathroom and views of the gardens to the lovely big comfortable bed with sumptuous bedding, towels and robes, luxury toiletries and a fully-stocked tea/coffee tray were also very welcome. A vase of fresh flowers was another surprise. There were so many thoughtful touches in the room, and then there is the breakfast!
This was truly amazing. The breakfast/dining room overlooks the garden (with squirrels and birds, a lake, so beautiful) and the choice of food was terrific.From smoked salmon and scrambled eggs (delicious) to kippers and a traditional English breakfast with the tastiest ingredients and perfect poached eggs. Also there is a terrific pool and spa for use by guests. A final mention goes to the staff. Each person was very friendly and we were made to feel instantly welcome. It was just a perfect stay. Can’t wait to return!”
5* Review left on Tripadvisor, June 2019